Power PD- Recharge With 5 Ideas in 5 Minutes Issue 2

This issue of Power PD includes some creative ways to engage students and to keep your momentum going as we fall back into the routine of school.  

It's time for Power PD issue #2!  We are back in the campuses with students here in my area.  I'm looking forward to all the opportunities to collaborate with my staff to make this year amazing.  I recently had a chance to present in our district technology conference and I was able to listen to over one thousand educators as they shared their word for 2021 using an EduProtocols strategy called Thin Slides.  The overwhelming majority of educators in my district are excited, but nervous as we approach a new school year in a pandemic.  I'm right there with them.  I admire their persistence and optimism moving forward, and I look forward to all the potential this year holds for each of us.  


Let's Collaborate- Please reach out and let's collaborate on your next project.  I'm so excited to have already met with some of our staff as we plan out the first six weeks.  I am here as a support for each of my staff members.

Looking for some fun Jamboard icebreakers?  Try these.


1.  Google Bootcamp-  To my campus staff, you ARE READY!  You have so much experience using Google as our LMS and I know you are going to ace your Google level one certification test.  If you aren't quite sure if you're ready.  Come by and chat with me and we can review together or check out this Google Bootcamp put together by Global GEG.  


2.  Tech Tip-  If you are like me, at least once in your life you have accidentally closed a tab on Google Chrome.  Next time this happens try control + shift + T.  Go ahead and try it right now.  Close a tab and then use the shortcut to add that tab back.



3.  Self Care- The first weeks of school are always hectic.  Don't forget to take time for yourself in the midst of all the to-do's you have on your list.  I recently found the Momentum extension and it is a great way to set a goal for the day and have a positive quote right at your finger tips.  The way it works is you install the extension and  then it prompts you to set up an account.  You choose the goal you want to work on and each time you open a tab it reminds you of your goal and also shows you the daily positive quite. You can download the extension here. Check my current Momentum tab below.

4.  Grow Your PLN- I challenge you to find a mode you enjoy for personal learning.  Podcasts are great for auditory learners.  If you haven't had a chance to check out Kasey Bell, her show The Shake Up Learning Podcast is filled with an amazing content each week.  You can also follow her blog if you prefer to read instead of listen (or go ahead and do both.)  You can also utilize social media like Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and TikTok to find amazing content right when you need those answers to your PD questions.  



5. Watch This- Have you tried out Nearpod yet?  Our district has decided to move from Peardeck to Nearpod so I found a few videos you might find useful to get familiar with this new tool.  Here is a link to Nearpod's YouTube channel.  Even if you've used it before be sure to check out some of the newest features recently released like drag and drop.  If you're wondering what the difference is between PearDeck and Nearpod check out this video by Miller and Kary.  




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making Connections and Finding My Why

Clarity and Engagement Key to Successful Communication

2021-2022 Keep, Lose or Try